The Universal OnLive Wireless Controller offers flexible configuration options to support multiple device platforms. The Controller includes a Wireless Adapter that enables you to use the Universal OnLive Wireless Controller with tablets, smartphones, PC/Mac® computers and the OnLive Game System.
You have the Universal OnLive Wireless Controller if it has this wireless symbol:
What is included in the box?
How do I Sync the Controller?
The Controller should be pre-synced with the OnLive Wireless Adapter. This is typically a one-time setup procedure. If your Controller loses sync, see Sync the Universal OnLive Wireless Controller for detailed instructions.
Can I add another Controller?
Yes! See Sync Additional Controllers for detailed instructions.
How many Controllers can I add?
See Using Multiple Universal OnLive Wireless Controllers for advice on the total number of controllers you can sync.
How do I use the Controller?
Power Up/Wake from Standby
Press the OnLive logo/center button
The Controller will automatically timeout and go into standby mode after 10 minutes of inactivity, or press and hold the OnLive center button for 3-4 seconds to manually power down the Controller. If the Controller is connected via USB, it will remain on (and will charge the Rechargeable Battery, if it is installed).
Capture a Brag Clip™ Video
Press the record button on the Media Bar™
Navigate On-Screen Menus
- Move the D-pad or left thumbstick (analog stick) to navigate screen options (Up, Down, Left or Right)
- To Select an item, press Button A
- To go Back to the previous screen (or to cancel an action) press Button B
When an on-screen menu requires text entry, a virtual keyboard is displayed. Use the controller to navigate to the keyboard and enter text.
- Use the D-pad or left thumbstick (analog stick) to navigate to the email address or password field
- Press Button A to display the Virtual Keyboard
- Use the D-pad or left thumbstick to navigate the menu, then press Button A to select letters, numbers or symbols
- Take it slow—entering text with a gamepad controller is a much different experience than typing from a keyboard
- Watch the on-screen menu, and see each character as it is entered
- To erase a character, navigate to the Backspace/Delete icon and press Button A to delete the last character
How do I power the Controller?
Use the included Rechargeable Battery Pack or 2 AA Battery Pack to power the Controller.